The Sydney International Piano Competition’s (The Sydney’s) Code of Conduct is the base line by which everyone, be that staff, competitors, artists, volunteers or contractors, should conduct themselves while working with The Sydney.
You agree to
- act in a fair, honest and proper manner.
- act with care and diligence in the performance of your role.
- treat everyone with respect and without harassment, victimisation or discrimination.
- comply with all applicable Australian law. Australian law means any State or Territory Act or instrument under an Act.
- comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by your supervisor, persons of authority and/or The Sydney staff.
- maintain appropriate confidentiality of information acquired during your engagement with The Sydney.
- disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest in connection The Sydney
- be fair, honest and transparent when dealing with individuals or organisations and strive to ensure effective communication.
- not knowingly provide false or misleading information.
- not make improper use
- of information gained during your engagement; or
- your duties, status, power or authority in order to gain, or seek to gain, a gift, benefit or advantage for you or for any other person.
- conduct yourself in a manner which does not adversely affect the integrity and good reputation of The Sydney.
- minimise waste, refrain from excessive use of equipment and resources, not damage The Sydney items and/or property and maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment.